Monday, June 24, 2013

Confusion about Apps Script Projects in Spreadsheets.

4:52 AM


I'm in some confusion about how Apps Script projects work when embedded in a Google Spreadsheet. In my current spreadsheet, when I choose "Script Editor", I see this...



As you can see, there are multiple projects in the spreadsheet. I don't get this. It always happens that when I copy a spreadsheet too... that I end with a "Copy of XXX" and "XXX" Apps Script projects inside the spreadsheet. 

I can add extra projects via the "Create a new project" link but I can't remove projects from spreadsheets. This gets more confusing if both "Copy of Web App n Stuff" and the "Term Week Dates Booking Project" have a doPost () function in them. Which function gets called? 

Why would I want more than one Apps Script project in a spreadsheet?

Why can't I flip a project out to be a standalone Apps Script project?

When making copies of spreadsheets - why do I end up with multiple projects in a spreadsheet?

How might I remove an Apps Script project from a spreadsheet?



Written by

We are one of the initiators of the development of information technology in understanding the need for a solution that is familiar and close to us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 Klick Dev. All rights resevered.

Back To Top